-->

Saturday, June 25, 2011


Hey. I didn't post yesterday because I is lazy fo' sizzle. And I am a poo. SO if you live in England you probably know that well, summer still hasn't come. At all. Literally and seeing as it is past the summer solstice ALREADY  meaning that the planets are now going in a different formational route... {inner nerd.} and therefore the days for the northern hemisphere are getting shorter. FML. I was trying to think of summery stuff to put in this post, to lift our moods. This is what I came up with. Glamping.


I want to go. NOW.

Thinking about Glamping made me remember a dream that I have had since I was very young. To live in a place like the one featured in the film Swallows and Amazons! Remote, picturesque and with a few good chums. .... I wrote this...badly...

Some days we rambled. Walking for miles and miles, stopping for a picnic by the stream, catching butterfly's and drinking ginger beer. On other days we would spend our time rowing around the vast expanse of water at the bottom of our garden, pretending that we were exploring the Amazon rainforest in a canoe. We would set up camp and build  a fire, roasting chestnuts and frying potatoes in the dancing flames. When we slept it was warm, the cool summer breezes whipping the trees and leaves singing us to sleep. We still have the house. With its grey arch ways and turrets. With its un-opened trunks in the attic and its creamy blue mosaic fountain. We haven't been back for a while, but we will. We will go and be explorers again, traipsing through the wilderness. However, this time with I-phones to guide us back to our warm sitting room; and television instead of board games. In a way its sad that everything has changed, sad that it will never really be the same. But, as they say, all change is for the better.
~.@ Luna.

No comments:

Post a Comment