-->

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Books.


I have decided to dedicate this post to all of the reads I am drooling over this month. Fo' shizzle.
The help

It is about racism in America in around the 1930's or 40's and is gut wrenchingly sad, hilariously funny and very, very thought provoking. I mean, when was the last time you saw a black plaster? You can get it on Amazon for like £2. Get it. NOW. >.< I shall not tell you any more apart from the fact that soon it will be a film, and I am sure that the movie will ruin it. Also I have done like 3 English projects on it now! It is pretty full to the brim of awesomeness.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society.
This is a lovely book written only in the form of letters! It is simply delicious, like a good cake, and I am very much enjoying reading it! It is set just after World War 2 and it is about the life of the people of Guernsey whilst they were occupied by the natzi's. Sounds horrid, but actually it is funny, and very happy...so far...
Also it is on Amazon for around the same price!
Bye. I love you. 私はあなたを愛して。
~.@ Luna.
Wuu3? {yes, I know I put a 3.}
P.s It's my Dad's birthday today! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. I've got second book on hold at the library, and I think I will have to buy The Help, since I'm 60th in the queue to borrow it from the library...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Help is seriously worth buying. Truly. And, tbh I am pretty glad that there is such a long waiting list, the book was borne to be a best seller! AND, you will love the Guernsey one, if you read it!

    Luna. ~.@!

    ReplyDelete